Blogging is a long game with a huge learning curve. As bloggers, we all need to learn about SEO, email marketing, creating content, using social media, making money blogging, and so much more. We are like conductors trying to manage an entire symphony of skills.
By learning more about blogging topics through online blog courses, getting organized blogging, discovering ways to be a more efficient blogger (time management), and learning the ins and outs of traffic strategies, we can grow our blog audience and master our blogging business…all on a budget!
But most “premium” learning or organization resources don’t come cheap.
However, there are a TON of resources for all us bloggers that are absolutely FREE!
Below is a list of some amazing free resources for bloggers:
Below is a list of courses that are an online course, ebook, or email courses separated by topic:
Start A Blog
- Start A Blog On A Budget by me!
- How To Start A Blog by Chelsea Clark of HerPaperRoute
- Blog Launch Blueprint 7-day email course by Moms Make Cents
- The Blog Plan by Suzi Whitford
- 13-Day Blogging Bootcamp from Scrivs of Dare To Conquer
- Start A Money Making Blog 5-Day Challenge by Cate Rosales of SweetAndSimpleLife
- How To Start A Profitable Blog by Carly of Blogging like you mean it
- How To Start A Money Making Blog by Nataly Llanes of Love & Paper Flowers
- Start Grow Earn 6-day course by Elna of TwinsMommy
- Bye Bye Burnout 7-day email course by Love You More
- 5-Day SEO Bootcamp (email course) by Stupid Simple SEO (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!)
- Free SEO Course by Chelsea Clark of HerPaperRoute
- Make Your First Affiliate Sale 5-day email video challenge by The She Approach
- LIST LOVE: Build Your List: video training course by Jennifer Maker
- Email List for Newbies email course by Meera Kothand
- Email List Simplified by Meera Kothand
- Boost Your Blog Traffic With Pinterest by Cate Rosales of Sweet and Simple Life
- 5-Day Pinterest Challenge by Moms Make Cents
- Perfectly Pinteresting Pins by Carly Campbell of Blogging like you mean it
- Free Instagram Course by Buzzing Creatives
- The Secret Sauce to Boosting Your Twitter Presence by Madalyn Sklar
- Get Paid To Tweet by Influencers 101
Make Money Blogging
Make sure to check out the Start A Blog course section that has overlapping lessons with Making Money Blogging.
- How To Blog Your Way To Passive Income 6-day course by House of Brazen
- Profitable Blogging Roadmap by Tracie of Learn Grow Earn
- 5K Launch email series (launching an online product) by Chelsea Clark of HerPaperRoute
- FREE Blog Traffic Bonus by What Mommy Does
- 5-Day Traffic Challenge by Lena Gott
- Blog Traffic Bonus Guide (ebook) by Lena Gott
- How to Use PicMonkey as a Mom Blogger by Suzi of StartAMomBlog
- Design With Canva by Kate Danielle
- Learn Photoshop by It’s Organized
- Canva 2.0 Quick Start by diydesign
There may be some overlap in creating images in Pinterest courses as well.
Design & Branding
- Understanding WordPress by iMark Interactive
- Week of Code: A 7 Day Coding Bootcamp for Bloggers Free Email Course (HTML) by Blog Me Lovely
- The Blog Structure Blueprint by Elite Blogging Academy
Below is a list of other resources from your fellow bloggers to get you organized, gather images to use on your blog, and plan the crap out of everything:
- The Blog Plan by Suzi of StartAMomBlog
- 2020 Blog Planner by The Handmade Home
- 2020 Ultimate Blog Planner by Designer Blogs
- Pin Promote Planner by Elna of TwinsMommy
- 2020 Ultimate Pinterest Planner by Tailwind (sure it’s not a blogger, but a great resource based on Pinterest data!)
- Brand Challenge eBook and Workbook by Elle & Co
- Blog Traffic Planner by Elna of TwinsMommy
- The Ultimate Guide To Goal Setting by Wonderlass
- Goal Setting Planner by Elna of TwinsMommy
- Blogging Planner by Ruth Soukup of Elite Blogging Academy
- Ivory Mix: free stock photos for subscribing to their newsletter
- She Bold Stock: also offers free photos for subscribing
- Foodiesfeed (for food photography)
- Librestock (searches for free stock photos across many sites)
When it comes to free stock images, make sure you are covered by their terms for the purpose of the photos. Generally, you can use free stock photos on your blog and free products. But, if you need photos for a paid product, you will likely need a commercial license.
Other Free Resources
Below are some helpful places to check for more free resources:
- Trello is a fantastic way to create to do lists and track everything you need (I use it every day and have never paid a dime)
- See this post for WordPress plugins to use on your blog (all have a free option!)
- Check out ways you can save time by using a social scheduler here
Also check out the following articles:
- Making Money Blogging
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing & Opt Ins
- Creating Amazing Blog Content
- Using Social Media to Increase Blog Traffic
Want to save this to reference for later? Pin it!
About Kristine Beaves
Hi, I’m Kristine, a blogger, organization nerd, and mom of 2. You’ll find all my tips, tricks, and know-how on cutting through the crap-load of info out there about blogging with WordPress right here.